- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime, or lemon
- 10g of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, chopped with seeds removed
- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Leave aside for the time being.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1cm strips crossways. Mix with the marinade with your hands covering the breasts well. Allow to marinate for an hour or ideally more time.
- To make the cucumber relish, peel the cucumber and halve them lengthways, then slice the halves into very thin strips.
- Slice the onion finely then peel and chop up the tomatoes. Take off the leaves from the coriander before chopping it up.
- Combine all the relish ingredients in a bowl. Season and leave aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- When the chicken is ready heat up a wok or ridged frying pan with some oil over a medium heat. Quickly colour the chicken in the pan.
- Place the chicken strips into a baking tray and oven cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and season well. Scatter the spring onions and toasted sesame seeds over.
- Serve on plates with the relish on the side.
Source : allrecipes.com