- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 2 cups peeled waxy potatoes (such as red or yukon gold), cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14-15 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups spicy tomato or vegetable juice (I used spicy V-8)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled, for serving (optional)
- Use a 3-1/2 to 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Drain the clam liquid into the crock pot. Cover the clams and refrigerate until needed.
- Add the potatoes, onion, celery, green pepper, undrained tomatoes, tomato or vegetable juice, salt, thyme and bay leaf to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chopped clams and turn the slow cooker to HIGH. Cover and cook until the clams are heated, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and stir in fresh parsley if using.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon, if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com