- 12 oz macaroni, or other short pasta, such as gemelli
- 10 oz broccoli, cut into small florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1⁄3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, grated, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cup fat free skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook macaroni for 1 minute less than al dente according to the package directions. Add broccoli 3 minutes before the macaroni is finished. Drain macaroni and broccoli and return to the pot.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl, mix with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, and set aside
- In the same saucepan, whisk together milk and flour until blended, then add onion. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, mustard, salt, black pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over the macaroni and broccoli and mix well to combine. Transfer to a baking dish and evenly sprinkle the top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly at the edges.
- Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 7 PointsPlus
Source : allrecipes.Com