- Servings: 2 • Size: 1/2
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
- salt to taste
- olive oil baking spray (I used my Misto
- Place slices of onion in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over the top and let them soak for about 1 – 2 hours, refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine panko, bread crumbs and corn flakes and place half of the crumbs in a large dish, season with salt.
- Reserve the rest for when the first batch is used up. This should help avoid clumping and they should stick better to the onions.
- Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture; coat well. Place rings onto two cookie sheets. Lightly spray with oil. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info :
- • Points+: 2 pts • Smart Points: 2
- Calories: 75 • Fat: 0.6 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 3 g • Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 53 mg • Cholesterol: 1 mg