|1 tbsp butter|
|1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1 tbsp (up to 2) flour|
|2 cup non-fat milk|
|2 lb potato, thinly sliced|
|1 cup low-fat cheese, shredded|
|1 tsp salt|
|1⁄4 tsp black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, then slowly add milk. Add potatoes, stir to mix, and bring to a boil. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and black pepper. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, then spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered. After 1 hour, cover with foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and change temperature to broil.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese evenly over the potatoes and broil 6 inches from the heat until the cheese is golden, about 1-2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Per serving: 5 SmartPoints; 4 PointsPlus; 3 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.com