My brother has been married to a lovely Latina woman for over 15 years. Penelope is just like a sister to me, and certainly a member of our family. We always have so much fun spending time together. She has the biggest heart in the world, and she does a fantastic job taking care of my somewhat difficult at times brother. I figured out early on in their relationship, one of the reasons that my brother loved this woman so much. She is an incredible cook! She loves to do it too, and he loves to eat, so it was a match made in heaven right from the start.
Over the years, she has taken me into the kitchen with her and taught me some of her family recipes.
One that I still can’t get tired of looks quite a bit like this recipe from Spend with Pennies for Mexican stuffed peppers. If you’ve had stuffed peppers before, you are going to get a kick out of these. Every time she calls me and tells me that she is making these, we head right over.
I’m more than willing to help get these on the table faster.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Mexican blend or pepper jack cheese is really good in these, too.
6-8 green, orange, or yellow bell peppers
1-2 pounds ground beef
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 large can of diced tomatoes
2 garlic wedges, minced
1 cup of cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove all the seeds and white stuff.
- Simmer peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic and diced tomato and fry for about 3 minutes. Stir in ground beef.
- Cook the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Stuff the mixture into the hollowed-out peppers. Place stuffed peppers onto a baking tray
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and bake for 5 additional minutes.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!