- MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- Cool: 1 hour, Chill: 1 hour
- One 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Truvia spoonable calorie-free sweetener (or another no-calorie granulated sweetener; see HG FYI)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. mini (or chopped) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed, drained, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Truvia spoonable calorie-free sweetener (or another no-calorie granulated sweetener; see HG FYI)
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ round cake pan with foil, and generously spray with nonstick spray.
- Place all cake ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth and uniform.
- Fold chocolate chips into cake batter. Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, 35 – 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, combine cornstarch/arrowroot with 1/3 cup cold water in a medium nonstick pot. Stir to dissolve. Add cherries, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
- Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until thick and gooey, 5 – 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Once cool, cover and refrigerate.
- Remove cake from oven. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Evenly top cake with topping.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Nutritional Info :
1/8th of cake: 115 calories, 2g total fat (1g sat fat), 331mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 5.5g protein