For better flavor simmer for hours, adding cream during last hour or so. May also may be made the day before. Do not add cream until ready to reheat to serve.
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups lobster meat
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch celery flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup light cream
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery flakes; blend well. Very slowly mix in milk and chicken stock. Add cold lobster, onion, parsley. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cream to desired consistency, and reheat. Season to taste.