- 4 pounds russet potatoes, mostly peeled and chopped into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 5 Tbls butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 cup heavy cream or milk (amount depends on how creamy you like it)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Jones Dairy Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbls salt (approximately, adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- Add potatoes and garlic to a large pot. Fill with water, so the potatoes are completely covered. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash potatoes. Sir in butter, sour cream, and heavy cream. Mash further if necessary to get to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese, and bacon (reserve some for the topping).
- Pour into 13×9 in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and reserved bacon. Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.