To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 1zest of lime, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 3 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 3/4 cunsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
- 2 call-purpose flour
- 1/2 tspbaking soda
- 2/3 cshredded coconut
- 1 pkgcream cheese, reduced fat, softened; 8 oz.
- 1 cpowdered sugar, sifted
- 1 ccoconut shredded
How to Make Lime and Coconut Cake
- FOR THE CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a 9-inch springform pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, zest, lime juice, buttermilk, and mashed bananas. Then whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add banana mixture. Beat on low until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Then add this to the banana/buttermilk mixture, whisking until well combined
- With a large metal spoon, gently fold in coconut until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared springform pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove the springform sides before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, toast the remaining cup of shredded coconut. Stir constantly until golden in color. Then remove from the heat.
- FOR THE ICING: Using an electric mixer, in a bowl combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Spread over the cake. Then sprinkle with the toasted coconut before slicing and serving.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.