This is for all the lime and coconut lovers out there.
Put the lime in the coconut and shake your tastebuds up! This cake reminds us of a cross between banana bread and a lime coconut cake. It’s dense and moist with a delicious citrus lime flavor. Yum! The creamy frosting adds a nice tangy taste.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS LIME & COCONUT CAKE
- Be sure to use canned coconut milk, not the stuff in the carton, and shake it well before use. Mine was quite smooth, but it can separate a bit, so be sure to shake it!
- The coconut milk powder worked extremely well in the frosting, adding great flavour without affecting the texture.
- You can leave the shredded coconut out of the cake batter if you prefer a smoother texture.
- If you like, you can add a couple of Tbsps of coconut milk powder into the dry ingredients in the cake batter to enhance the flavour even more, especially if you leave out the shredded coconut.
- My lime curd uses whole eggs, but if you have a yolk-only lime curd recipe that you love, feel free to use that instead.
- You can use key limes instead of regular limes if you can get your hands on some.
- To make cupcakes, all you need to do is reduce the baking time — start checking at 15mins or so.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.