Made with real ground beef, (not turkey or chicken!) they taste so good..
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (96% lean, 4% fat)
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 jar fat free marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Spaghetti Sauce with Mushrooms)
- Combine all ingredients except the marinara sauce in a large bowl, and mix well with hands.
- Form meat into 30 1” meatballs.
- Spray a very large, non-stick skillet with an olive oil mister, and set over medium high heat. Once pan is heated well, add in meatballs, and brown on each side (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Pour in jarred marinara, cover and turn heat to medium low. Let simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)