- 1 15.25 oz box of white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free lemonade mix
- 1 8-10 oz tub of light whipped topping (I used Light Truwhip)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin/cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, applesauce, lemon zest and 1 tbsp of the sugar free lemonade mix.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Transfer cupcakes immediately to a rack to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting by combining the whipped topping, and remaining 1/2 tbsp sugar free lemonade mix.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, top with frosting and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Source : allrecipes.com