smart point 1
- Prep time: 18 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Other time: 0 min
- 10 oz French baguette bread, thinly cut into 30 slices
- 6 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 15 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium plum tomato(es), seeded and chopped
- 4 Tbsp (chopped) uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and lightly coat both sides of bread with cooking spray; sprinkle top side of bread with garlic salt. Bake until bread is crisp and lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except for cheese and lemon zest; mash with a fork to partially break up beans.
- Top each slice of bread with a heaping tablespoon of bean mixture; sprinkle with cheese and zest. Yields 1 bruschetta per serving.
- Try this recipe with any fresh herbs you have on hand – dill, oregano and/or mint would all be tasty.