This Lemon Icebox Pie recipe is the perfect marriage of two of my favorite things. The wonderfully sweet tartness of lemon and the soft and creamy texture of a key lime pie. It is seriously hard to stop eating.
What makes this Lemon Icebox Pie superior to all others isn’t just its easy, no-bake graham cracker crust or its decadent cream cheese filling, it’s the rave reviews this pie has received from more than 100 readers. And don’t fret, there’s no fussing involved here, this pie is a cinch to make. All you need is a pie plate, a bowl, a zip-top plastic bag and a rolling pin. To make the crust, fill your zip-top bag with 10-12 graham crackers. Then, seal it and crush those squares with your rolling pin until they they’re broken into coarse crumbs. Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar, butter and a pinch of salt and press the mixture into your pie pan — ta-da, your crust is done. It’s really the easiest pie crust ever; but if it’s your first time making this type of crust, we’ve got all the tips and tricks you could ever need in this article about how to make a graham cracker crust! Next up is that sweet and tart filling, which is made by mixing softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest together. Mix it together — and maybe steal yourself a little taste while you’re at it — then pour it into the crust before refrigerating for four hours. This is one of Betty’s easiest lemon pies to make, but it’s not the only one.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zestAdd all ingredients to list
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves if desired.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!