These homemade lemon curd thumbprint cookies are pure perfection! A combination of sweet buttery cookies and citrusy topping with a hint of almonds!
LEMON CURD EASY THUMBPRINT COOKIE RECIPE TIPS:
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Wrap the dough tightly and chill for an hour before baking.
- Use a small cookie scoop for even dough portions.
- Use a chapstick tube (or other round object like a 1/2 teaspoon measure or cork wine stopper) to make even indentations in your dough balls before baking.
- Use the tube again after they come out of the oven to deepen the indentations so they can hold lots of delicious lemon curd!
- Once cool, use a pastry bag for even filling with lemon curd. Or a small spoon works too. (I like to use a baby spoon.)
- Easily make the cookie shells ahead and freeze. Right before you need them, fill with lemon curd. Yum!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Lemon Curd, or store-bought