These homemade lemon curd thumbprint cookies are pure perfection! A combination of sweet buttery cookies and citrusy topping with a hint of almonds!
LEMON CURD EASY THUMBPRINT COOKIE RECIPE TIPS:
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Wrap the dough tightly and chill for an hour before baking.
- Use a small cookie scoop for even dough portions.
- Use a chapstick tube (or other round object like a 1/2 teaspoon measure or cork wine stopper) to make even indentations in your dough balls before baking.
- Use the tube again after they come out of the oven to deepen the indentations so they can hold lots of delicious lemon curd!
- Once cool, use a pastry bag for even filling with lemon curd. Or a small spoon works too. (I like to use a baby spoon.)
- Easily make the cookie shells ahead and freeze. Right before you need them, fill with lemon curd. Yum!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- Butter, softened
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolks
- Lemon zest
- Fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- All-purpose flour
- Lemon Curd, or store-bought
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.