You know we love all lemon desserts, and if they happen to be super easy to make, that’s even better! This lemon cream cheese dump cake basically checks all of our boxes. Fresh, citrusy flavor? Check. Cream cheese? Double check. Five ingredients or less that we can toss together and get in the oven in under 10 minutes. TRIPLE CHECK. There’s no wrong time for this dessert, so what are you waiting for? Raid your pantry and fridge and let’s get cooking.
- 1 (16 oz.) can lemon pie filling
- 1 (15 oz.) package yellow cake mix
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a square baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Pour lemon pie filling into the bottom of greased baking dish, making sure to spread it into the corners.
- Top with 1/2 cake mix, place cubed cream cheese evenly on top, then sprinkle remaining cake mix.
- Take butter pats (as thinly sliced as possible) and place them in a single layer on top of the cake mix, trying to cover as much of the surface of the cake as possible.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.