Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars are perfect for almost any occasion! Made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, cream cheese, and sour cream, they’re tangy, sweet, and so delicious. If you love lemon and cheesecake, you have to try this recipe!
Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make Lemon Cheesecake Bars:
- cream cheese: always use full-fat!!! and be sure your cream cheese is very soft before you begin assembling the batter!
- sour cream: makes the cheesecake batter tangy and creamy. Again, use full-fat.
- sugar: granulated sugar works best for this recipe! we use a little more than most cheesecake recipes to balance out the tart from the lemon.
- eggs: you’ll use whole eggs and egg yolks for this recipe.
- a few whole lemons: because you’ll be using the lemon juice and the lemon zest, be sure to grab at least 3. and if you have extra, you can slice them up and use them for decor!
- and finally, heavy cream: this makes the cheesecake batter creamy, creamy, creamy! do not substitute this with milk or even half and half.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Lemon Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 large eggs
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring (optional)
1 cup whipped cream or cool whip for top
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour and powdered sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. BAKE for 25 minutes.
PLACE cream cheese, eggs, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into partially baked crust.
BAKE for additional 15 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Spread whipped cream over top; refrigerate. Cut into bars. Garnish as desired.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!