- Makes 6 serving .
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean
- 3 lbs cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 14 oz can tomato sauce (I used low sodium)
- 2 x 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup brown long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs (dill, parsley, green onions) & Greek yogurt, for serving
- Preheat large deep non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl olive oil to coat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium – high, add turkey and cook for 10 more minutes, breaking into small pieces and stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low – medium, add cabbage, cover and let it cook for a few minutes so it will be easier to stir.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, rice, water, salt, pepper and stir well. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 55 – 60 minutes. Do not open! Check if rice is cooked and if not (mine was) add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes. Serve warm topped with Greek yogurt and herbs.
- Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 – 4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Info :
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving = 2 1/4 cups:
- Calories: 400.1
- Total Fat: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 60.0 mg
- Sodium: 791.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.7 g
- Protein: 43.8 g
- WW Points+: 10
Source : Allrecipes.com