- 1 pound of 97% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of onion, chopped – I do not really care for bits of onion in my meals, so I just season my ground beef with onion powder.
- 1½ teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 bottle (26 oz) of spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 16 oz of low fat cottage cheese, drained
- 2 cups of reduced fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large skillet, brown the meat with the onions, garlic and oregano. Drain the meat if necessary.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spread ½ cup of the sauce mixture to cover the bottom evenly.
- Then layer 3 of the noodles, 1 cup of the cottage cheese and ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- For the next layer, start with 1 cup of the sauce mixture, 3 noodles, the rest of the cottage cheese and ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the last three noodles and the rest of the sauce mixture. Then cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Uncover and top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let lasagna sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com