I think it’s the way the sauce mixes better into ground beef. It’s just as easy, ready in 20 minutes, and wonderful over rice or cauliflower rice.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions, green parts
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, breaking up into crumbles as you cook, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare the sauce by whisking together the honey, soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Drain the beef. Return to the skillet. Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Stir the sauce into the beef. Cook 2 more minutes, until heated through and sauce thickens.
- Off heat, stir in the sesame oil, sprinkle with green onions and serve.