This grilled chicken, known as dak gui, has a flavor reminiscent of teriyaki … Not as common as the beef and pork dishes at a Korean barbecue restaurant, this underappreciated chicken dish, …. Stick with the thighs not white breast meat.
- 1 pound (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using and sesame seeds. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutritional Info :
- Servings: 4 • Size: 4 oz chicken • Points+: 3 pt • Smart Points: 3
- Calories: 121 • Fat: 3 g • Carb: 6 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Protein: 17 g • Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 445 mg • Cholest: 48 mg