I’m sure a lot of you have had lazy pierogi. This is more of a Lazy Pierogi with Kielbasa. I took my mothers recipe years ago, and added my own spin on it. I have been making it this way for the last 35 years. My dish has been brought to many potluck dinners. It has even been served as a side dish at BBQ’s. I have had many compliments on it. The recipe has been given to many friends through the years per requests. It is delicious comfort food. . I hope you all enjoy my version.
Note: I like my sauerkraut to have mild flavor. If you like your sauerkraut to be strong. You do not have to soak it in the brown sugar and water. You can skip that step. My family likes very mild sauerkraut. Just make sure. that you rinse and drain it well before you use it
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cchopped onion cooked in butter
- 1-2 lblarge kielbasa about 1 1/2-2 lb’s. (i used blue seal) boiled in water until heated through
- 16 ozgood quality sour kraut ( i use jarred)
- 1/4 cbrown sugar ( for kraut)
- 2-3 cwater for soaking kraut
- 16 ozegg noodles cooked and drained
- 1/2 cbutter
- 3/4-1 tspsalt
- ·black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cparmesean cheese( i use fresh grated parmaseana origiano)
- 1-2 pinchpoppy seeds
How to Make Kielbasa Lazy Pierogi
- Note: I like my sauerkraut to have mild flavor. If you like your sauerkraut to be strong. You do not have to soak it in the brown sugar and water. You can skip that step. My family likes very mild sauerkraut. Just make sure. that you rinse and drain it well before you use it
- Drain and rinse sour kraut well. Place sour kraut in a bowl with the waer and brown sugar. Set aside. This will take away the bitterness.
- Cook chopped onion until golden in color. Set aside.
- Place kielbasa in a dutch oven. Fill with water until kielbasa is covered.
- Boil kielbasa until heated through. About 5-10 minutes after water boils.
- Remove kielbasa to platter. Slice kielbasa, and cut each slice slices in half.
- Bring water to a boil for egg noodles. Cook per directikns on bag. Drain noodles. Place noodles back into pan.
- Fold butter into noodles until melted. Add parmasean chese, salt pepper, and poppy seeds. Mix well, and set aside.
- Drain and rinse sour kraut again. Swuueze out watet. Add kraut and kielbasa to noodles. Stir well over medium heat until hot.
- Serve as main dish or side dish.
PLEASE, USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW