CREAM IN A LARGE BOWL OR STAND MIXER:
ADD: 2 large eggs
IN A SEPARATE BOWL, COMBINE:
2 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
ADD DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE MARGARINE MIXTURE. MIX IN:
3 cfinely chopped apples
1 cchopped walnuts
1 Tbsplight corn syrup
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 tspreal vanilla extract
- Follow the above steps to make the cake batter.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 pan Spread apple cake batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out without raw batter on it.
- While cake is baking, combine all the glaze ingredients except the vanilla in a medium pan. Stir and cook to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Pour and spread glaze over hot cake as soon as the cake is removed from the oven.
- Let cake cool completely before serving. The longer it sits, the better it gets!