- 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup |
- ¼ cup minced walnuts
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt salt, more to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place walnuts on a cookie sheet and toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut center stalk away from leaves and discard. Rinse kale and pat dry with a paper towel. Using a knife, cut kale leaves into thin strips. Add kale leaves, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt to a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, rub kale until it begins to wilt, about 3 minutes. Add carrot shreds, toss and set aside.
- Add to a blender, remaining red wine vinegar and olive oil along with honey, ginger, garlic, black pepper and kosher salt to taste, blend until combined.
- (Optional, if you prefer not to use your hands…steam kale just until wilted, add carrot shreds. Add all remaining ingredients, except walnuts, in a blender and blend until combined and smooth. Add to kale and carrots, toss to combine…sprinkle on walnuts).
- Add toasted walnuts to Kale, drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 158 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 105 mg | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 6