- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa (cooked in water)
- 3-4 cups of fresh kale leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- For serving: lemon wedges, extra chopped walnuts and Parmesan cheese, drizzle of olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, massage the chopped kale with 1 teaspoon each of the vinegar and olive oil. Let sit for 20 minutes to soften and tenderize the kale leaves.
- Combine the quinoa and kale in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar, remaining teaspoon of olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over quinoa and kale and mix to coat.
- Add walnuts and Parmesan cheese and stir to coat. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with extra chopped walnuts and Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Source : allrecipes.com