- 2¼ cups Brownie Brittle or other chocolate wafer cookie, crushed
- ½ cup melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup Kahlua
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla
Kahlua Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (about 2 teaspoons)
- ¼ cup hot water
- Put Brownie Brittle into a ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin (or food process it until it is crumbs). Put in the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan and mix in the melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour onto prepared crust.
- Wrap the pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil and set in a baking dish. Pour water into the baking dish until it is half way up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake in a 300°F oven for 2 hours. The top should be golden brown.
- Let cool.
Kahlua Whipped cream
- Mix gelatin into hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add Kahlua and gelatin and beat until stiff.
- Top cheesecake with Kahlua whipped cream.
A half batch of the Kahlua Whipped Cream is enough to top the cake. The full batch gives more volume.