To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 pkgactive dry yeast
- 1/2 cwarm water
- 1/2 cwarm milk
- 1 csoftened butter
- 3/4 csugar
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 1/2 Tbspwhole anise seeds
- 6-7 call purpose flour
- 1egg for wash
Step By Step:
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in water, let bubble.
- Then blend all other ingredients in yeast water mixture, gradually add in flour.
- Knead dough 5-10 minutes. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 5 hours.
- Punch down after first rise, shape and place in greased loaf pans. Cover again with plastic wrap and let rise 2 more hours.
- Mix one egg with 1 tablespoon of milk or water and brush tops of loaves. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- NOTE: If you have time, you can let this rise overnight, punch dough down and shape, put in pan and let rise 3 more hours, then bake.
PLEASE, USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW