- ½ C all purpos flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper 2-3 lbs. stew meat or boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ C canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 C beef broth
- 4 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large zippered plastic bag. Add in meat and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat and cook meat until browned on all sides.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Add onion into same pan that you cooked the meat in and cook until onion is golden brown. Add in beef broth and garlic. Bring to a boil. Scrape up pieces of food from bottom of pan.
- Add in parsley, thyme, bay leaves, sugar, soy sauce and tomato paste.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cook on high for 4 hours and then add in potatoes and carrots and cook one additional hour.