Smart Points: 4
Points Plus: 5
- 750 g chicken breast fillet
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 2 cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 piece of ginger (about 30 g)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plum jam
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tomatoes
- 350 ml chicken stock
- Fry the spices in a pan until they begin to release their aromas.
- Let them cool down. Finely crush in a mortar.
- Peel and chop the ginger, garlic and onion.
- Fry the garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until golden, then add the ginger.
- Mix the spices with the garlic, onion, ginger and plum jam in a food processor and puree. Mix in the vinegar.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash the chicken breast fillets, pat dry, cut into cubes and lightly salt.
- In a heavy saucepan, use the remaining oil to brown the meat all around.
- Add the spice paste and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, covered, over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over brown rice (optional).
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 218 Fat: 6 g Saturated fat: 1.1 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Sugar: 3 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 31 gCholesterol: 83 mg