But, even after you stop smoking, the damages might linger for a long time.
When you inhale, 10 seconds after the nicotine , all is seeped in the skin and mucus layers in the nose, mouth and lung paths. Then through the blood, toxins travel to the brain.
The nicotine also causes insulin sensitivity and speeds up metabolic syndrome, heart problems and diabetes 2.
Also thyroid gets impacted by nicotine and pituitary work too. The adrenal and sex hormones also get damaged and lowered.
Foods for cleansing:
- Water – the essential health and life liquid. Cleans toxins from the skin and makes you hydrated so try to have 8-12 glasses daily.
- Broccoli – veggie loaded with vitamin C and B5, vital for the lungs
- Spinach – after this meal, tobacco will taste awful.
- Dry herbs – they lower the levels of nicotine and give you vitamins A and E
- Berries – for removal of toxins
- Oranges – for vitamin C and reducing stress and anxiety that may lead to lighting a cigarette
- Kiwi – for vitamin C again, but also for A and E
- Carrot juice – for the vitamins A, K, C, and B and removing of toxins. The skin will get fresher, smooth and glowing
- Pomegranate – for amazing blood count and blood flow
So, in case you want to quit or at least cleanse…try these foods and cut back on the smokes!