- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ – ½ cup water
- 30 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 12-cup mini muffin tin
- paper muffin cup liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking soda and cornstarch until no lumps remain.
- Add the eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils to ⅓ water, then add that water to the baking soda mix. Add more water as needed (up to ½ cup) until the mixture has become a thick paste.
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin tin with paper liners, and divide the mixture evenly between the prepared cups. Place the muffin tin in the freezer, and freeze them until they’re completely set.
- Once frozen, remove the shower melts from the muffin pan and place them in a resealable plastic bag or a jar with a lid.
- To use your shower melts, remove the paper liner and place the melt on the floor of your shower and let the hot water run over it. The vapors from the essential oils should help clear up congestion.
Recipe adapted from Living on a Dime.