- 1 cup shortening (I use Crisco)
- 1 cup sugar + 1/4 cup for rolling
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- jarred hot fudge sauce (about 6 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie pan with parchment paper or silicone liners and set aside.
- Using the bowl of an electric mixer, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and water and beat until smooth.
- Add salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder and mix well. Add flour and mix on medium low just until combined.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces that are roughly equal in size.
- Place a piece of cookie dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it out like a thick disc . Place a little hot fudge (about 1/2 teaspoon) in the middle of the dough and wrap the dough around it, rolling it into a ball to seal it.
- Place 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cookie ball in sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing it out on the cookie sheets. we used a half sheet pan and were able to get 12 cookies on one pan.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until the cookies are set and start to slightly crack on top slightly. Let cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Source : allrecipes.com