HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
(makes 8 servings)
- 2 cups evaporated cane juice sugar (or regular sugar works as well)
- 2 vanilla beans cut into small pieces
- 2 cups powdered milk (optional. Use powdered milk only if you add the mix to hot water instead of hot milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put sugar and vanilla bean into a food processor or blender. Pulse until vanilla bean is finely chopped and incorporated.
- Strain the sugar and vanilla mixture through a fine seive into a large bowl, discarding any vanilla bean pieces that did not get chopped small enough.
- Add powdered milk, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt to the vanilla sugar mixture. Mix well until evenly incorporated.
- Transfer to a large jar or tupperware container.
- To serve, add 1/4 cup of the mixture to a cup of boiling water or hot milk and stir.
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods