HOT BREAKFAST HORCHATA
(makes about 6 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Honey (to taste)
- Prepare your rice milk by combining your rice and water in a blender.
- Blend the mixture so that the rice begins to break up in the water. Let this mixture sit for three hours to allow the rice to soak.
- Strain the rice out of your rice water and combine with your additional ingredients (excluding honey) in a large pitcher. Stir well.
- Heat the horchata on the stove until it is about to boil and then remove it from the heat. Pour into your favorite mug and add honey for flavor.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes