HONEY DIJON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (You can also use chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, divided (3 minced, 3 whole) *
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions or fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 3 whole garlic cloves. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and cook each side until the temperature reads 165 degrees. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3 garlic cloves minced. Cook until tender and whisk in honey and mustard. Add the chicken back to the pan and heat for a couple of minutes more. Garnish with green onions or fresh parsley.
* Sautéing the whole garlic cloves is completely optional, just adds a little more garlic flavor to the dish.