- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 package (20 oz) lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
Buns and Toppings
- jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic cabernet marinara pasta sauce
- soft hoagie buns (about 6 inches long)
- slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Shredded fresh basil leaves, if desired
- 1In small bowl, mix hot water and bulgur. Let soak at least 20 minutes. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix remaining Meatball ingredients. Drain bulgur; add to bowl, mixing very well until incorporated. Shape into 24 golf ball-size meatballs. Place on wire cooling rack, and place inside lined cookie sheet.
- 3Bake 25 minutes. Place marinara sauce in 10- to 12-inch straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Carefully transfer meatballs to skillet; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until hot.
- 4Place 3 meatballs in each bun. Cut cheese in half, and place over meatballs. Cover with additional sauce, and serve with shredded fresh basil.
Source : allrecipes.Com