- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1⅓ cup powdered milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- On the stove top in a heavy bottomed saucepan, cook together the water, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil. Continue to cook stirring constantly just until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and carefully pour into a blender. [You can use a hand mixer as well] Add the pure vanilla extract and powdered milk. Blend until smooth.
- If needed, you may add additional boiling water 1 Tbsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Cool to room temperature if using immediately. The sweetened condensed milk will continue to thicken as it cools.
- If making in advance, store chilled and tightly sealed for up to 5 days.
- After chilling, bring to room temperature to allow the condensed milk to loosen a bit before using.
Source : allrecipes.Com