Back to Top
Congestion is the worst. Here are some home remedies for DIY expectorants and decongestants to clear even the most irritating of symptoms.
Spicy Cider Decongestant and Expectorant
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons all natural organic honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a pot, bring lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to a gentle simmer. Stir in honey, cayenne, and ginger. You can play with the amounts to fit your personal taste preferences. Pour the contents into a jar and store in a cool, dark, place. To use this home remedy, shake well and then drink 1- 2 tablespoons daily. You can also warm the solution before drinking.
Three-Ingredient Cough Syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Simply combine ingredients and refrigerate for up to six weeks. When needed, drink 1/2- 1 tablespoon to expel mucus and relieve cough.
TO CONTINUE READING, PLEASE USE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW!