- Recipe makes about 30 buns
- 1 bun = 5 weight watchers smart points
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-4 tbsp 1% milk
- Pour the water, honey, butter, cinnamon, ginger, flour, & yeast in your bread maker in that order. Set to dough setting & wait. My dough setting takes 1 1/2 hours.
- Once the dough is ready separate into 30 equal sized pieces. Cover any dough you aren’t working on to keep it from drying out. Form each piece into a snake, wrap it around, & wet it at the end to attach it & keep the bun together.
- Cover with a towel & place in your oven. Do not turn oven on yet. Place a bowl of boiling water in the bottom of your oven & close it. Let sit for about 45 minutes so that they will rise.
- After 45 minutes take buns & bowl of water out of the oven & preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Once preheated bake buns for about 12-15 minutes.
- While buns are baking stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, & milk until you get a good consistency.
- I put my frosting in a piping bag & drizzled it over top, but you could always just spoon or spread it over the buns too.