- small cucumbers
- 1-1/2 cups of white vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons kosher salt
- pickling spices
- fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups hot water
1. Mix the sugar and salt with the hot water. Stir until dissolved. (Let the liquid cool before pouring over the cucumbers.)
2. Add the vinegar and pickling spices to the cooled liquid.
3. Slice the cucumbers and put the slices in canning jars ( I make pickle chunks when I plan to put them in the fridge, they are the perfect little snack)
4. Add the dill and garlic cloves.
5. Pour the cooled liquid into the jars. Use a funnel and be careful not to spill the liquid on the mouth of the jars. If you do, wipe them clean.
6. Seal the jars and store in the refrigerator, if you want a longer shelf life this is the point where you would do a hot water bath for canning.
Source : allrecipes.com