|1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 3 oz|
|3⁄4 cup hazelnut, about 4 oz|
|2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk|
|1 tbsp honey|
|1⁄8 tsp kosher salt|
|1 baguette, sliced and toasted|
|1 fruit, such as apples, pears, pineapple, and/or banana, sliced|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly toasted. While still hot, wrap nuts in a clean kitchen towel and let them sit for a few minutes. Rub the nuts vigorously in the towel to remove most of the skins. Cool completely.
- Put chocolate chips in a small bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Grind hazelnuts in a food processor until pasty (the nuts will be stuck to the sides of work bowl), about 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add sweetened condensed milk, honey, and salt. Blend well, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add cooled chocolate and pulse until combined. Transfer the spread to a small bowl. Serve with toasts and sliced fruit.
- Cook’s Note: The chocolate can also be melted in a microwave. Microwave the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is very soft. Stir until melted and smooth.
Source : allrecipes.com