Homemade Applesauce Cake is more than just a simple Apple Cake. So moist, it’s made with homemade applesauce, a touch of cinnamon and a delicious brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping. The perfect breakfast, snack or dessert Cake.
Applesauce Cake Recipe
From all those years ago when I first set foot in Italy to today, I have to say my taste in food has changed quite a bit.
Oh yes I still love bagels, Macaroni and Cheese and of course a really good Layer Cake. But I have also discovered how delicious fresh vegetables can be with just a little salt and olive oil.
And desserts, Italians love dessert, but no fancy frostings or Icings, usually just a simple sprinkling of powdered sugar.
That is probably why I think this Homemade Apple Cake is one of the best cakes I have ever made!
Tips for making this Applesauce Cake
- You are going to need a thick applesauce but the best way is make your own (my recipe included).
- Cream the butter, sugar and yolks.
- Add the dry ingredients with the applesauce alternately to the creamed mixture.
- Use a 8 or 9 inch bundt pan. (cake pan works good too)
- Don’t forget the crumb topping.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients: