- 10 SERVINGS
- 1 package of 6 Thomas’ Original English Muffins
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 cups finely chopped ham
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Slice the English muffins into small bite-sized pieces. Scatter them into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the onion and bell peppers and sauté until softened- 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle the ham over the muffin cubes. Scatter the onion/bell peppers over the ham. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Distribute the egg mixture evenly into the dish.
- Bake until set and golden- about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- If you’d prefer a little spice, sub a can of mild chopped chiles in place of the green bell pepper.