Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. yellow squash, unpeeled
- ½ large onion (4 oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying
- Shred squash in food processor using the shredding attachment. Place on clean towels and allow to drain for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion. Place in a colander to drain for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg with the salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Add the grated squash and the onion and mix to blend.
- Brush the skillet with half of the butter. Measuring ¼ cup per fritter, spoon the mixture onto the skillet. Fry without moving, 4-5 minutes, until you can see that the bottoms are browned.
- Carefully flip to the other side and fry 4-5 more minutes, until browned on both sides. Brush the skillet with more butter and repeat with the remaining squash mixture.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 3 fritters; Calories: 102; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 7g; Sugar: 0g;Sodium: 304mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g