Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Yield: 3 servings
- 2 (7.5 oz) cans wild Alaskan salmon, well-drained and flaked
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, eggs, lemon juice, garlic, onion, parsley, mustard, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Brush the olive oil over a double-burner griddle (or two large skillets). Heat over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Using a ¼-cup measuring cup per cake, transfer patties to griddle.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until well-browned and crisp, lowering heat to medium if griddle becomes too hot. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 3 salmon cakes; Calories: 367.5; Fat: 24.2g; Carbohydrates: 5g;Sugar: 0.2g; Sodium: 912.1mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 35.4g