Yield: 5 servings
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (32 oz)
- ¾ cup (3 oz) almond flour
- 6 tablespoons (30 grams) grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a roasting rack. Spray the roasting rack with olive oil spray.
- In a small bowl, use a spatula to mix the mustard, salt, garlic powder, thyme and cayenne. Use your hands to coat the chicken drumsticks with the mustard mixture.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish, whisk together ¼ cup of the almond meal and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Place three chicken drumsticks in the mixture, one by one, and press on all sides until well-coated. Place the coated drumsticks on the prepared roasting rack.
- Add ¼ cup more almond meal and 2 more tablespoons Parmesan to the baking dish, and repeat twice, with the remaining drumsticks. The reason I coat the chicken in batches is that otherwise, the almond flour quickly turns into a sticky mess.
- Lightly spray the drumsticks with olive oil spray. Bake 45 minutes, then switch the oven to broil (set on high) and broil 5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown and crisp.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 drumsticks; Calories: 271; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrates: 4g;Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 590mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 26g