- 1 pound ground Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ½ ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 2 leaves bay
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup multigrain farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 6 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil optional
- Spray a large pot. I used this 5½ quart multipurpose one.
- Brown sausage in large pan over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic and bay leaves and continue cooking until veggies are soft, about another 6-7 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and oregano, and bring to a boil.
- Carefully remove bay leaves.
- Add pasta and simmer until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Top each serving with a spoonful of the ricotta parmesan mixture, and sprkinle with shredded mozzarella.
- Garnish with fresh basil (optional).
Source : allrecipes.com