- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (use 2 teaspoons if you don’t mind high sodium)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (3.5 oz) chicken drumsticks, skin on
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients to make a paste.
- Arrange the drumsticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon the paste on top, spreading it all over the drumsticks.
- Bake until chicken is fragrant, well-browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Jerk seasoning is based on this recipe by Aaron McCargo Jr.
Serving size: 2 drumsticks; Calories: 290; Fat: 17g; Saturated fat: 8g;Carbohydrates: 9g; Sugar: 8g; Sodium: 656mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 24g