Yields: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 ramekin
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste, canned
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce, optional balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 6 ramekins or small crocks on a baking sheet.Place potato pieces into a pot of cold salted water over high heat and bring to a boil, allowing to boil for about 15 minutes. Once fork tender, drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mash well.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Break up the meat and stir occasionally. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until browned and completely cooked through. Drain any excess fat.Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, onions, carrots, and thyme to the skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until they have softened a bit. Add corn and peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey to the vegetables, stirring to combine, and breaking up poultry as it cooks.
- Stir in worcestershire sauce (or balsamic vinegar), tomato paste, and broth. Cook for an additional 8 minutes. Form a space for the garlic, add in, cook for 30 seconds and stir in with the rest of the ingredients. Remove from heat.
- Place the ground turkey mixture on the bottom of each ramekin. Top with cheddar cheese, if using, and the mashed potatoes, spreading evenly.
Nutritional Info :
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 2g